Welcome to Cairns North Queensland, The gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. One of the natural wonders of the World and amazing World Heritage listed, spectacular aquatic environment.
Join us on board our high speed Catamaran “Reef Experience” for an unforgettable day visiting 2 pristine Outer great Barrier Reef locations and discover the breathtaking wonder beneath the surface for yourself.
Reef Experience is Cairn’s only ALL inclusive Great Barrier Reef trip which also offers a FREE Scuba Dive.
Catering for all levels in Swimming and Scuba Diving, everyone will find the perfect way to experience the Great Barrier Reef.
Experienced Swimmer or Snorkeler? Our crew will show you to the best patches of coral and can tell you where to find the marine marvels that call the reef their home.
Never Snorkeled before or cannot Swim?
Or just Need some assistance in the water? Don’t worry our friendly and professional Crew are always ready to jump in and assist everybody who needs assistance to have fun and enjoy the magic that the reef has to offer, ensuring that you are comfortable with your equipment and introduce you to some of our friendly fish!
Buoyancy aids for such as snorkelling vests, wetsuits and noodles are available for everyone, maintaining all the freedom of movement for those who need a little more assurance while comfortably allowing you to stay at the surface and observe the marine life beneath and are available for you on board.
Have a great time and visit one of the natural wonders of the world. A day on the Great Barrier Reef will be one of your most memorable days in your life.
Reef Experience Highlights
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- Unlimited morning and afternoon Snorkeling
- FREE Scuba Dive (Certified or Introductory)
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours
- Large Sun deck
- Pick up and Return to Cairns City Accommodation
- Breakfast, Bacon and Egg BBQ Rolls, Coffee, Tea and fruit platters
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with an assortment of fresh salads
- Dietary requirements Catered for
- Crew assistance for non confident Snorkellers
- All Government Levies and Taxes included
Your Reef Experience Inclusions
- Unlimited morning and afternoon Snorkeling at 2 Reef Locations
- Guided Snorkel Tours – Non-swimmer snorkel tours are also included throughout the day for those who require assistance in the water
- Buoyancy vests, noodles and Wetsuits are included and available for easy floatation for all passengers
- Snorkeling equipment and tuition
- FREE Certified Scuba Dive (licenced) or Resort Scuba Dive (no-experience necessary) for everyone who is over the age of 12 and medically fit to scuba
- Glass bottom boat tours are a great way to witness life beneath the water. (Glass bottom boat tours are weather permitting)
- The interactive Marine Biology Presentation is a great way to learn about the marine life from our resident, on-board Marine Biologist as you journey to your first reef destination.
- Breakfast, Bacon and Egg BBQ Rolls, Coffee, Tea and fruit platter
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with an assortment of fresh salads
- Cheese and fruit platters, wine or cordial with biscuits are served on the return trip to Cairns. Dietary requirements catered for; eg: Vegetarian/Gluten Free etc: please advise upon booking. All food is locally sourced and prepared fresh by our on board chef.
- Tea & coffee served while boat is stationary
- Water Drinking fountain
- Bus Transfers For those staying in the Cairns City District area, bus transfers to and from your accommodation to and from the boat are included in your day trip.
- Sunscreen available on board
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees Unlike other operators we include mandatory reef tax and fuel levies for visiting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in the trip cost, so there won’t be extra hidden charges on the day.
About Scuba Diving
Your trip onboard “Reef Experience” Includes either a Certified or Resort/Introductory Dive.
What is a Resort/Introductory Dive? Resort diving requires no previous scuba experience. Conducted in small group of 4 under the supervision of an experienced Dive Instructor, resort dives give beginners an unforgettable Great Barrier Reef experience without having to complete a full scuba diving course.
Can anyone try a resort dive? If you are able to swim and are in good physical health you can probably dive (See Medical Conditions). The Minimum age for resort diving is 12 years.
Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the World – with the safest dive record in the world.
Please be aware that Some Medical Conditions or Medications that are being taken could prevent you from participating in scuba activities.
To prevent disappointment on-the day, If you wish to partake in our Introductory/Resort Scuba dive, it is the passengers responsibility to ensure they are medically fit to dive.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler
- Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder
- Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint
- Chronic sinus condition
- Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
- Chest Surgery
- Heart Disease of any kind
- Crones Disease
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Chronic ear discharge or infection
- High blood pressure
- Ear Surgery
- Fainting Seizures or blackouts
- Recurrent ear problems when flying
- Tuberculosis or any other long term disease
- Any illness or operation within the last month
- Perforated eardrum
Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving
Please be aware that the above does not cover every medical condition there maybe other medical conditions that I not listed.
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local Dive doctor. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous underwater. These checks are done on the day of travel and can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you.
We can only give them information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws – we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
Please contact our office, if you do require any further information regarding possible medical conditions.If you have existing medical conditions, operations, taking medication have used an inhaler then you will need permission from the Dive Doctor to Scuba Dive. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Reef Experience Itinerary
07:30 – Board Reef Experience vessel at the Marlin Jetty, Cairns
08:00 – Departure Marlin Jetty for the trip to the Outer Great Barrier Reef
08:30 – BBQ Bacon & Egg Rolls served on the way out to the Outer Reef a detailed dive & snorkeling briefing will be given
09:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site, snorkel & dive with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clams plus more
10:30 – Glass Bottom Boat tour
12:30 – Lunch
13:00 – Cruise to our second location to explore forests of coral, large sea fans & black coral trees in it’s shallow lagoons
15:00 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
15:30 – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits16:30 – Arrive back in Cairns
What to Bring
- Cash for small purchasers – Credit Card available for purchases over $10.00
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Sun Cream & Hat
- Voucher if applicable
- Proof of certification if you’re a Certified Diver
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Biologist guided snorkel tour ($25.00)
- Underwater digital camera hire ($49.00)
- Great Barrier Reef souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc
- Bar purchases – soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc
- Great Barrier Reef guided dives for qualified scuba divers ($15,00)
- Prescription masks ($10.00)
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area ($22.00 per person)
How to get there
Reef Experience departs from Cairns Marlin Marina ‘A Finger’.
Boarding commences at 7:25 am.We arrive back into Cairns at approximately 4:30 pm.
Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities.
Children prices are for ages 4-11 years.
Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-11 years.